Our healthy take on the traditional flapjack makes for a great energy snack.
- 70g unsalted butter
- 250g jumbo oats
- 3 x tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 x ripe bananas mashed (ripe bananas help to create sweetness)
- 60-70g hazelnuts (whizzed) An alternative is 60-70g of ground almonds.
- 60-70g cranberries
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
Prep: 10 min Cook 30 min
- Preheat the oven 160 C / Gas mark 3.
- In a saucepan over a low heat add the butter. Cook, stirring occasionally until melted and remove from the heat. Combine the maple syrup, cranberries and hazelnuts or almonds.
- Stir in the oats, cinnamon and mashed banana until coated. Pour into a lined baking tin. The mixture should be around 2-3cm thick.
- Bake for around 30 minutes in the preheated oven, you’re looking for a slightly golden appearance. Allow to cool (but not completely) before cutting into squares.
- Optional – drizzle over the top melted chocolate (we recommend 70% minimum cocoa) and allow to set.
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container.
Want more healthy snack recipes – check out our energy balls