We’ve all experienced the morning-after blues from overindulging so we want to share some of our Christmas top tips to help ensure you, and your family stay healthy over the festive period.
- Make hot water (with a touch of cold) the very first drink of the day. Add a slice of lemon (optional) to help cleanse the system and give your immune system a boost with vitamin C. Admittedly, it takes a few days to get into but stick with it as after a week or so you’ll be surprised how you’ve grown to like it!
- Following your hot water start your day with a healthy breakfast (see our granola and porridge blogs) Porridge stabilizes blood sugar levels, and that helps to control appetite surges later on.
- Don’t be tempted to deviate from your normal exercise routine. Ensure you get this in before the festivities start as a few days out of routine can seriously impact your motivation.
- Christmas often means lots of excessive alcohol consumption! Ensure at the very least you stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water in-between.
- So you’re the dedicated driver… again! Opt for soda or mineral water with lemon or lime instead of the alternative sugary soft drinks which have lots of hidden calories.
- Buffets can wreak havoc with often lots of foods super high in calories and salt. Check out the buffet initially, before you make any choices. Fill your plate first with mostly salads and vegetables then go for the protein such as turkey or chicken. Normally always a fruit option so chose this over the sugary and fat laden desserts
- Write a list of 3 goals (only) you want to achieve in 2017, of which one of them is to be how many times you LRG each week!!!
A very merry Christmas and happy new year from us all at LRG