You say Chickpeas I say Garbanzo. Let’s call the whole thing off…. but don’t and here’s why!
These little beauties are prized for their high protein and fiber content. Only 2-3 tablespoons and you’ve hit one of your daily recommended five portions of fruit and veg.
– High in fibre (help keep you regular).
– Contains soluble fiber (helps lower bad cholesterol).
– One cup of chickpeas = 70% of a woman’s daily folate needs (promote and restore cellular growth).
– Choline is a very important and versatile nutrient in chickpeas (helps with sleep, muscle movement, learning and memory).
– Heart health (The high fiber, potassium, vitamin C and vitamin B-6 content, coupled with the lack of cholesterol found in chickpeas, all support heart health)
May increase wind…:-)
1 x 400g tin of chickpeas drained and rinsed
100g chorizo, skinned and diced
1/2 red onion – finely sliced
1 yellow / red pepper – finely sliced
1/4 cucumber – diced
Large handful of cherry tomatoes halved.
Small amount of Feta Cheese cut into bite size pieces.
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
Mix together the olive oil and red wine vinegar in a large bowl. Add all the ingredients and toss everything together. Enjoy!