Try our colourful salad recipe – rich in nutrients and great in flavour. Perfect with fish, steak or even a BBQ!
- Bed of bite-sized lettuce – we use lambs lettuce and watercress
- 1 red pepper – deseeded and cubed
- 1 papaya – deseeded, skinned and cubed
- 1 avocado – cubed
- An assortment of different coloured baby tomatoes – halved
- 1 red onion – finely sliced
- 6 slices (1cm thick) of halloumi cheese – dry pan fried until golden brown
- Handful of toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp of maple syrup or honey
- Scatter the lettuce of your choice over a large plate
- Sprinkle the red pepper, tomatoes, papaya, and red onion on top of the lettuce
- Place the pan fried halloumi slices onto the salad
- Scatter the toasted pine nuts and pour the dressing.